Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a proactive approach to establishing the behavioral supports and social culture and needed for all students in a school to achieve social, emotional and academic success.
· Emphasizes the use of assessment information to guide intervention and management decisions
· Focuses on the use of a continuum of behavioral supports
· Focuses on increasing the contextual fit between problem context and what we know works
· Is implemented consistently by staff and administration
· Appropriate student behavior is taught
· Positive behaviors are publicly acknowledged.
To learn more about PBIS go to http://www.pbisworld.com/ .